Monday, March 16, 2009

Mint Chip Cookies

My mom is a wonderful cook, and is especially great at baking cookies. Out of all the many delicious cookies she makes, these are one of my all-time favorites. I believe this recipe originally came off a package of Nestle Mint Chocolate Chips. Sadly, these chocolate chips were discontinued several years ago, and the Hershey's version is only available in select locations. I was overjoyed when I found some mint chips when searching for something else on this website. I ordered several bags, and although the chocolate is not as dark as I remember, I was very pleased with the results. Yea for the internet!

-Mom Pulsipher

1 10-oz. package mint chocolate chips, divided (I used a 12-oz. pkg.)
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)

Put half (1 cup) mint chips into microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Add butter. Microwave until melted (about 30 seconds). Stir until smooth. Stir in sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in remaining mint chips and nuts. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Makes approximately 3 dozen.

*The cookies should be slightly underbaked for a chewy texture – I baked mine for 10 minutes on a Silpat.

1 comment:

Ryan and Lori said...

Wish we could make those at our house. Those sound delicious!