Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick Cobbler



I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe. It's one of my favorites and comes from my mom, via my aunt from a Pinetop Ward cookbook. I recently tried a new recipe from a Relief Society pamphlet I got from our Stake at BYU and it was also delicious. The batter is essentially the same, but I'll include both here.



Quick Peach Cobbler
- Pinetop Ward

While preheating oven to 375.
Melt 1 stick of margarine in 8-inch square baking dish. (If you prefer a thin crust, use a 9x13 pan).

Meanwhile mix together:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix until batter is smooth. Remove pan from oven after margarine has melted. Evenly pour batter mixture into the pan.

Add: 1 large can sliced peaches (28 oz - juice and all) * 1 qt. home-canned peaches are best
Sprinkle with: 1/4 cup sugar and some cinnamon over the top.

Bake until crust is golden brown and cooked thoroughly - about 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

Fruit Cobbler
-BYU 6th Stake

Heat together:
2 cups fruit (I used a whole package of frozen mixed berries 3 cups)
3 tsp. margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup water

Batter:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder

Pour the batter into a buttered 3-quart casserole dish, or a 9x13 baking pan. Top with the heated fruit mixture. Bake 350 degrees, 35-45 minutes. (Fruit will be very runny, but will thicken upon cooling).

No comments: