Thursday, March 16, 2017

Cheese Crackers


These crackers have been on my to-make list for years, but for some reason they intimidated me. So, I decided to tackle them for our first Baking Club meeting. They were surprisingly easy and delicious! The trick is to roll them very, very thin. I rolled them right on my Silpat and left them there for baking.  I used the round end of a large pastry tip to cut the circles.

-Tasty Kitchen


8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
1 cup Flour
¾ teaspoons Salt
2 Tablespoons Cold Water

Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.

Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.

Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.

Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.

Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.

No comments: