Sunday, April 18, 2010

Snickers Bar Pie


I am still not confident in my crust-making skills, so I decided to make this pie for the Boy Scout dinner and fundraiser last night. It brought in $75! :) I love that it makes two pies - one I can take to a special event and one for the family to enjoy at home. This is definitely sweet, but super yummy! I reserved all of the candy bars for the top, and think I prefer it that way.

-RecipeGirl

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup chunky or creamy peanut butter
16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (or about 8 cups of stiffly whipped, sweetened cream)
Two prepared chocolate cookie pie crusts*
4 regular-sized Snickers candy bars, chopped
chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, chopped peanuts (optional) for garnish

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese sugar and peanut butter until creamy.
2. Gently fold in the whipped cream just until mixed.
3. Divide between the two crusts. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup on top and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and additional chopped snickers. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.

*For two oreo pie crusts, crush 1 pkg. Oreo cookies and stir in 6 Tbsp. melted butter. Press into two pie plates and bake at 350 for 7 minutes. Cool completely.

1 comment:

Anna Hampton said...

This looks so good! I bought the ingredients to make it for our ward's auction this weekend. Wish me luck!