Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kettle Corn


While I was growing up, popcorn was a regular Sunday-evening treat and I have one brother who loves it so much he could probably live on popcorn alone. I do enjoy a bowl of buttered popcorn now and then, but I have to say that I would prefer kettle corn 9 times out of 10. I love sweet and salty combinations! Here's an easy way to make it at home without having to wait for the next fair.

2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup popcorn
3 Tbsp. sugar
Salt, to taste

Pour oil in popcorn popper (we have a StirCrazy). Quickly add popcorn and sugar and cover. Wait until all popcorn has popped and immediately pour popcorn into a large bowl; salt as desired. Be careful because the sugar will still be sticky and is extremely hot.
You could also make this on the stovetop using a large pan with a lid, but make sure you shake it vigorously back and forth over the heat to prevent the sugar from sticking to the bottom.

No comments: