Monday, December 10, 2007

Roberts' Chocolate Chip Cookies

I first tasted these cookies while Brandon and I were dating. I believe Brandon started the Sunday cookie tradition in his family, which was later carried on by his brother Levi. I'm not saying these cookies sold the deal, but they definitely helped! They are thick and chewy - just the way I like them. My guy is good looking and a fabulous cook too!

-Brandon

1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. margarine or butter, softened
2/3 c. shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts
Chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375ยบ. Mix sugars, margarine, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown on top, 8-10 minutes. Cookies are best when slightly doughy through the middle. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.

No comments: